Monteseel – A slice of Heaven
Monteseel, an area in the Valley of 1000 Hills, between Drummond and Inchanga, on top of the ‘Inchanga Hill’ overlooking the Comrades Marathon halfway point. Monteseel is the oldest and most popular climbing destination in KwaZulu-Natal, with over 300 documented climbing routes. Beautiful flowers grow all year round and the soil is rich, loose and well drained. This popular area truly offers a magical experience for all nature lovers.
The Monteseel Conservancy
Monteseel Conservancy is registered with Ezimvelo Wildlife, through the Kzn Conservancies Association, and aims to rehabilitate and maintain open public spaces in the Monteseel area. KZN Sandstone Sourveld (a grassland habitat) has been classified nationally as Endangered, with only 0.2% of the original area under formal conservation. This habitat is restricted to central, coastal KZN, thus requiring Durban to play a critical role in its conservation.
Our mission is to promote, through sound management principles, the conservation and maintenance of the total environment in the Monteseel area.
The Monteseel Conservancy hosts a number of events throughout the year. Be sure to follow the Facebook page of the Conservancy for updates on special events such as the Annual Music Festival and Star Gazing Event Click here to follow the Conservancy on Facebook
• To generate interest and active participation by residents and other interested parties in the conservation of indigenous fauna and flora and the protection of the environment in the area.
• The protection, regulation and improvement of the environment.
• To promote generally improved security.
• Promote and encourage public awareness of the problems, concerns and achievements of the conservancy.
• Conservation of natural and man-made resources within development frameworks.
• Monitoring of proposed physical development in the area, & if necessary, the objection of the Conservancy thereto.
• To raise funds to achieve the above objectives.Current Projects
• Monteseel joint management initiative with Ethekwini Municipality – Environmental Planning & Climate Protection Department
• Integrated Management Plan
• Invasive Alien Plant Clearing
• Fire Management
• Monitoring & Evaluation
For more information contact email@example.com