The Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust (HACT)
HACT is a registered non-profit organisation dedicated to tackling the HIV/AIDS pandemic through holistic, multifaceted and sustainable interventions including prevention, care, community empowerment and community outreach.
Founded in 1990 by the Hillcrest Methodist Church, their geographical focus area is the rural and poverty-torn communities of the Valley of 1000 Hills region of KwaZulu-Natal – one of the epicentres of the HIV/AIDS pandemic with HIV-infection rates of up to 40-60%.
The mission of the HACT is to provide unconditional love and hope to HIV/AIDS-impacted communities in the Valley of 1000 Hills region through interventions addressing prevention, care, economic empowerment and community outreach.
Their vision is an AIDS-free Valley of 1000 Hills, and all their projects work towards this dream.
The team is made up of 130 paid or stipend staff members, 95% of whom come from the communities we serve and many of whom have personally been impacted by HIV/AIDS.
They have also been blessed to have 50 unpaid volunteers who donate their time and skills to helping them achieve their mission.
HACT is governed by a voluntary Board of Trustees who bring expertise and wisdom from the medical, legal, business, community development and HIV/AIDS sectors.
The objectives of the HACT include:
• To comprehensively assess the status and needs of everyone who approaches us for help
• To provide holistic, individualised care for people living with HIV/AIDS
• To economically empower people living with HIV/AIDS so they can adhere to their ARV
• To provide relevant and inspirational HIV/AIDS education and awareness programmes
• To empower and care for at-risk groups– such as orphaned and vulnerable children and
• Through the above, provide unconditional love, hope and dignity to those impacted by
The HACT values are:
• Passion: to serve with passion, energy and commitment, always acknowledging the privilege it
is to be helping others.
• Faith: seeking to do as Jesus would do: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As
I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my
disciples if you love one another.” NIV John 13: 34-35.
• Integrity: the message and the messenger must be the same, we must practice what we preach
and be honest in all things.
• ‘Ubuntu: ‘I am because you are’ – being community driven and constantly aware that our actions
impact on those around us and that the sum is always better than the parts.
• Empowerment: helping people to take ownership of their lives
To see more of the projects being done by the Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust please visit their website.
Hillcrest AIDS Centre Trust
26 Old Main Road
Hillcrest, Kwa Zulu Natal, 3610
Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4 pm
Plant Nursery And Woza Moya Shop Hours:
Weekdays from 8 am to 4 pm
Saturdays from 8 am to 2 pm
Telephone: +27 31 765 5866
Respite Unit direct line (24 hours): +27 31 765 4868
Fax: +27 31 765 8781
This listing is proudly sponsored by Alpine VW Hillcrest;
“A community-driven dealership with you in mind”
Thank you for visiting www.seeupperhighway.com be sure to visit our articles section for interesting updates, do not forget to like and share with others so that they may enjoy too.
SEE THE UPPER HIGHWAY
Looking for somewhere to Sleep? click here
Looking for somewhere to Eat? click here
Looking for somewhere to Explore? click here
Looking for more interesting reads? click here to visit our articles page
www.seeupperhighway.com is proudly sponsored by Alpine Volkswagen Hillcrest “A community-driven dealership with YOU in mind” #AlpineVWHillcrest
#explore #hillcrest #Upperhighway #Community #NPO #SeeUpperHighway